Monday, April 20, 2009

Monsters and Brains

Driving home from a long day at the beach today this is a discussion that came up in the car.

"Mommy, I don't like being 4 and 3 quarters. I hate it. I want my brain to stop growing. I am going to be scared of the monsters when we get home."
(Sam has recently developed a night time fear of monsters - apparently this is a normal stage of development for 3-5 year olds. I told him this and that his fear comes from his brain growing and his imagination developing. I told him it would probably go away in a few weeks but in the meantime we will check the house every night for monsters and spray "monster spray" to keep them away. This is working well so far, kind of.)

Then from Elise, "Mommy, do I have a bwain?"

"Yes."
"Is it in my head?"
"Yes."
"Is it hard?"
"Yes. I mean, No. Well, sort of, your skull is hard."
"Can I take it off?"
"No."

No comments: