Monday, March 30, 2009

Deana is out of ICU!

Isn't this amazing news? She is a miracle. She is back on her laptop and sending out her own updates. She even signed up with Facebook! I keep using the word amazing because I just can't think of anything else. To think of where she was a few weeks ago. So inspiring!

Monday, March 30, 2009 7:48 PM, CDT
Dear family and friends,
Deana has had a very busy day -- many tests and blood too. Generally speaking, Deana is doing quite well. However, cardiology did point out in a recent electro-cardiogram she has a "leaky valve". Medicine is being added to her regimen to account for this, and apparently it is quite common in Hyper-CVAD chemotherapy patients. Deana is taking this in stride.
Doctors have postponed the very important, yet painful bone marrow biopsy that was scheduled for today in hopes the procedure can be performed while Deana is consciously sedated. (The pain Deana endured the last time was so great, I complained to the doctors and insisted we manage her pain better this round.)
Deana is now eating soft food again!! Doctors won't remove the feeding tube for a couple more days until they're sure Deana doesn't have any complications.
Deana's spirits are very high and she remains optimistic despite being a pincushion for all these tests.
Have a great evening. Either Deana or I will post again tomorrow.
Virtual hugs to all,
Jack and Deana
Sunday, March 29, 2009 9:34 AM, CDT
Good day everyone, it is GREAT to be out of ICU. I am sitting up in a chair writing this enjoying my morning. Missing my boyz like crazy though.
My wonderful parents will be here today. They have not left my side either. Love you Mom & Dad, thank you for being here.
Just wanted to say hi & hug your loved ones today.
Deana & Jack

No comments: