Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Letter

A couple of weeks ago, Sam came home with a letter in his folder.


Uh Oh, this was from his principal...what is this all about?


Wow!  Sam was chosen for a Character Counts award at his school!  So...yes, all of the kindergartener's will be nominated at some point in the school year, but I am going to take some pride in the fact that Sam was chosen in the first round!


We were invited to an assembly to see the awards handed out.


I don't think Sam really had a clue what was going on.  The day before the assembly I asked him about the award and he looked at me and said, "huh?"
I asked the teacher if Sam knew about it or if it was meant to be a surprise.  Sam's teacher told me he had Sam stand in front of the class while he (the teacher) explained what award Sam won and why.  I don't think Sam was listening because he doesn't really remember.




Sam was chosen to represent Respect.  One of the six pillars of character. 


I asked Sam if he knew what that meant.  He had no idea.




One kid from each kinder class was chosen to represent one of the six pillars. Here he is with another respectful kindergartener.

This is Sam's teacher who nominated him.  He has that big of a smile on his face about 90% of the time.



We were proud. 
Sam seemed less than thrilled until he learned the award came with a free slice of pizza and a soda. 



2 comments:

GETyourMOMMYon said...

Way to go, Sam! And by the way Mom...not all kindergartners will get one of these...there are only 6 pillars for the year! You should be proud!

Mara said...

Marisa, I laugh so much reading your posts--with you, not at you of course:) I love that Sam has no clue how respectful he is, but way to go anyway! I love it!