Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter

We had a very lovely Easter.

The day started early with Elise squeeking ooooohs! and Ahhhhhs! every moment she found a hidden egg in the house.  Sam was quiet and focused.  The race was on.  Then they found their baskets. 
Elise immediately tore into her treats.  Sam hasn't touched his yet, he is saving them. 

 I made these for brunch.
That is not my photo but I do have the little skillets and mine did look pretty darn close if I do say so myself.

Then we went on a hike with Curly and Uncle Lam.
We discovered this canyon. It is a ten minute walk from our home. 
We always knew that the Canyon was there but we had no idea about the creek and the view.  This picture does not do it justice.

This is the trail we were on during the 7.2 earthquake centered about 100 miles away that lasted for 40 seconds.  We had no clue.  Keith and I both experienced the 6.8 Northridge quake and the 6.9 earthquake in 1989.  Those lasted for 20 seconds and scared the crap out of us.  I can't believe we didn't feel a thing.  I guess when you don't have structures shaking madly around you, earthquakes aren't that noticeable.
Thankfully it sounds like the damage has been minimal...especially compared to Haiti or Chile. 


We finished the day with a delicious dinner at Papa and Curly's.
I love Easter. 

1 comment:

GETyourMOMMYon said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful day. Isn't it amazing how different each child takes on the day? Thank you for your kind words. Easter will always be a day of beautiful memories for me.