Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Samuel


A few months ago Sam decided we needed to call him by his full name, Samuel.  I am still getting used to this.  He will always be Sam to me.  Anyway, Samuel is learning to read.  This makes me super proud and really excited.  He gets a book bag from school every day with a new book for him to read to me.  Amazing what 5 months in Kindergarten has done for this boy.  I love watching him learn.  I love hearing him tell me that he is "super proud" of himself for reading. 
He just read to me a book called "The Bee."  When he finished reading he said, "Mommy, if you saw me read "The Goat" today, you would not believe it.  You would probably die because I read it so easy and with no help! I'm serious, Mommy, you would not believe."

3 comments:

GETyourMOMMYon said...

Go Samuel! Reading is so much fun. Keep being super proud of yourself. And Marisa...make sure you eavesdrop on Samuel as he begins to read to Elise. It's awesome!

Kara said...

I love it! Audrey is reading too. Amazing.

Amy said...

Cute!!! :-)Have you met Kim's Samuel yet? What an adorable name!