Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First Grade Conference



Today, Keith and I met with Sam's first grade teacher.  This is the goal setting conference for the year.  We were happy to confirm that Sam is a fantastic student and he is loving first grade.  As long as he holds back on his policeman like tendencies with his classmates I think we are headed for a very good year.  His teacher is confident that he has been better about only reporting things that concern him directly.  She seems genuinely happy to have him in her class.  I walked away from the conference feeling like a superior parent doing an amazing job raising an intelligent, sweet and well adjusted little boy.  Then we came home and tried to work on homework. Homework with a tired perfectionist is a true test of patience.  I was quickly thrown back into reality and my parenting skills were challenged and I was reminded that much of the time I really don't know what I am doing.  Can I really take credit for the sweet amazing boy we talked about today if I don't take the blame for the total meltdown we experienced while trying to write down this week's spelling list?  I'll blame it on the camping trip. That is all it is...we are all a little off our routine from the camping trip.  Time to step away from the homework and we will try again tomorrow...   

1 comment:

GETyourMOMMYon said...

Sh** happens. I love those moments of being so proud of my children, much more than the moments of feeling like I'm living with unreasonable beings. I love that you are posting frequently. Todays post made me wonder what Ashton's teacher would say about him?